Thursday, April 01, 2004

APRIL 1, 2004 (THURSDAY)



Fairly quiet day. Have two new books to keep me company and American Idol is on tonight (and have I mentioned how Jon Peter Lewis looks so much like a hobbit on marijuana? ^_^) and I suppose that is enough for a a typical summer day. I have finally resigned myself to the fact that while I am adorable, I am still not excused from a boring summer.

Kill me for saying this, but I can't wait for summer classes.

On the jeepney ride back home - I came from Katipunan, and various other serendipituous events led to a nice talk with friends and some catching up was in order - I saw this beautiful Muslim woman with the traditional veil around her head riding a jeep. I've been seeing more and more of them lately in school, and I suppose that's a good thing; with religious tolerance and all that. Thank goodness I've never met a bigot my whole life, which is a good thing - Peloy knows how violent I can become. ^_^

I don't know, but I've never met a Muslim woman who wasn't beautiful. And I use the word on purpose - while I was studying in Davao, therer were quite a lot of them at school. There was even a mosque on the grounds, and you'd hear the imam calling out during the hour of prayer. One of my friends, Alia, is Muslim and she was tall and willowy with pretty pretty eyes and long hair. And while she didn't wear the veil to school, I knew she kept one, and it was white and lacy and elegant and she only wore it during prayer.

At any rate, I must start cleaning up my room already. I can't find books and jewelry and pens anymore. Rather disturbing, since it seems that my desk has magically transformed itself into a black hole. ^_^ At least I have something to do this Holy Week aside from mope around in this farking heat and wish I was somewhere with a beach and a pina colada. *Gabby starts daydreaming*

PLEASE, SOMEONE, GIVE ME A VACATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.