Saturday, April 17, 2004

APRIL 17, 2004 (SATURDAY)

Finally…Non-Angst

Three days into the summer semester and I was already pulling an all-nighter. With groupmates in tow, we managed to put together a halfway coherent report for STS class (that’s Science, Technology, and Society for the non-UP students) only to find out that our teacher was absent yesterday. Amazing sense of timing, that one.

Thankfully, this gives us the weekend to do some polishing, particularly on our Powerpoint presentation – which I was slaving over until 3:30 Friday morning. ^_^ At any rate, having spent our ten minutes’ worth of complaining, Arvin, Kurt and I scooted over to Chocolate Kiss to avail of the bottomless iced tea and the air-conditioning. I keep forgetting that one of the bad things about summer is the fact that it’s actually farking hot. What I wouldn’t give for a proper storm these days.

After a v.enjoyable conversation with “the boys” (they keep forgetting I'm a girl – sometimes I’m just not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing) I meet up with The Boyfriend as well as the other colorful characters that populate UP GRAIL. Hopefully, the sem planning session pushes through. Steph, another member of the CC, also expressed interest in joining the org – yes, even after talking to Ruzela, our resident motormouth. (Yep, napalitan na si Dell.) A lot of the GRAIL sundries also dropped by for a bit of a chat: Rita, Andrew, etc.

And then, after everyone disperses because of class – yes, most of us are either nerds or cramming for graduation – The Boyfriend and I scooted over to their house so that I could take advantage of their computer and spend a bit of time with each other. (Not as if we see each other every day, at any rate. But still…) I’m still amazed that we’re not running out of things to talk about: from the mundane to the profound to the downright silly and outrageous. If there’s someone I’d like to be stuck in an elevator with for 24 hours, he’s my choice. Never thought I’d end up being this comfortable with anyone, to the point that I have absolutely no qualms about asking him to tuck me into bed. Yep, I'm a big comfort junkie, and I like being babied and pampered and hugged. ^_^

Oh yeah, and we’re classmates in Lit class (Western Feminism – gasp!). Summer is turning out to be very interesting indeed.

26 Things A Perfect Guy Would Do

Got this from Rita’s LJ. Scrolling down, I suddenly realize that my boyfriend is perfect. ^_^ Or perhaps I'm just biased.

1. Knows how to make you smile when you are down.

2. Tries to secretly smell your hair, but you always notice.

3. Sticks up for you, but still respects your independence.

4. Gives you the remote control during the game. --> on account that our remote controls have a tendency to conk out…not really applicable.

5. Comes up behind you and puts his arms around you. --> I like this. ^_^

6. Plays with your hair.

7. His hands always find yours. --> Yes. Yes. Yes.

8. Be cute when he really wants something.

9. Offers you plenty of massages. --> He has amazing hands.

10. Dances with you, even if he feels like a dork.

11. Never runs out of love. --> and expresses it in so many ways.

12. Be funny, but knows how to be serious.

13. Realizes he's being funny when he needs to be serious.

14. Be patient when you take forever to get ready.

15. Reacts so cutely when you hit him and it actually hurts.

16. Smiles a lot.

17. Plans a romantic date full of cheesy things he wouldn't normally like to do, just because he knows it means a lot to you.

18. Appreciates you.

19. Helps others out.

20. Drive 5 hours just to see you for 1.

21. Always gives you a peck on the cheek when you depart from each others company, even when his friends are watching.

22. Sings, even if he can't.

23. Has a creative sense of humor.

24. Stares at you. --> yep, he has a tendency of doing this

25. Calls for no reason.

26. Quits smoking, chewing, drinking, or drugs - just because he loves you that much to quit it. --> and I put up with these things because I love him that much to not force him to quit. ^_^ just give him really glaring looks, hehe.

Top Five Things I Want Right Now

(Well, not right now, but somewhere in the extremely near future)

1. air-conditioning
2. a trip to a museum – don’t’ask me why; I think I'm getting tired of malls
3. a bubble bath (hah. Where are we going to get one?)
4. The Boyfriend to finish his thesis (and yes, I am an optimist)
5. work – I need money! (don’t we all?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.