Thursday, April 22, 2004

APRIL 22, 2004 (THURSDAY)

Just when I couldn't afford to be absent from classes this summer, my body gives up and does a 360-degree turn on me.

The sore throat-turned-cough that I've been nursing for the past two days turned into a fever last night and I was lying awake in bed at around 2 AM, shivering and sweating alternately and wondering how the hell I was going to go to class when I couldn't even breathe properly. The only medicine in the house were a couple of tablets of paracetamol and I downed those rather quickly. No sleep for the wicked. Managed to doze off at around 4 AM, and woke up at 9.30, and by then it was safe to say that I wasn't going out anytime soon.

I suppose this is when all the stress and worries and issues have finally managed to catch up with me. I don't get sick often, but when I do, it's usually a full-blown sickness that costs a great deal of money and a lot of time in the bathroom (I am a great believer of water therapy).

Right now, at least I'm not coughing anymore. My throat feels like a raw wound, and my nose is sore from blowing it too hard and too often. It's been bleeding on and off earlier, but that's the least of my problems. This cold has to be out the window by tonight, otherwise I can't risk going to Tagaytay for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.