Tuesday, April 27, 2004

APRIL 27, 2004 (TUESDAY)

It's amazing what three days of absence can do to a person.

I can still tell the world that I am in love. And that I am the luckiest woman alive to have him by my side.

Never take anything for granted. And never be afraid to fight back - sometimes it's the beauty of love: the capacity to forgive.

A friend of mine said that there will always come a time in a relationship when you will feel that you will fall out of love. When such a thing happens, the question is: will you still stay with that person, or will you leave? If you stay, she said, that means that you didn't "fall in love" or "fall out of love" but you just simply LOVE that person.

I was pretty close to falling out of love. But he pulled me back. He reminded me what I was staying for in the first place. And he gave me hope, that there is a future to look forward to. And that even though the world has a tendency to fuck things up big time (didja hear that, universe?), I'd like to think that this is worth it all in the end. That he is worth it.

And that's why I'm sticking around. ^_^

Though now, I find myself rather uncomfortable using the monikers "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" because it sounds so...inane. Like we're a high school couple going to the prom. I mean, how do you encompass the person you're so comfortable being with in your own skin with such a simple title? How do you reduce eight months of a rollercoaster ride to such a simple statement: "He's my boyfriend"? Can't I just call him the love of my life? Can't I just call him best friend? I mean, in the end, they're all just labels made to fit the world we live in. But what's important is the love involved, and the care involved, and the various manifestations of that.

(The song is my contribution to the blogeoke phenomena...and yeah, it's for him.)

Push
Sarah McLachlan

Every time I look at you the world just melts away
All my troubles all my fears dissolve in your affection
You’ve seen me at my weakest but you take me as I am
And when I fall you offer me a softer place to land

[Chorus]
You stay the course you hold the line you keep it all together
You’re the one true thing I know I can believe in
You’re all the things that I desire you save me you complete me
You’re the one true thing I know I can believe

I get mad so easy but you give me room to breathe
No matter what I say or do ‘cause you’re too good to fight about it
Even when I have to push just to see how far you’ll go
You won’t stoop down to battle but you never turn to go

[Chorus]

Love is just the antidote when nothing else can cure me
There are times I can’t decide when I can’t tell up from down
You make me feel less crazy when otherwise I’d drown
But you pick me up and brush me off and tell me I’m okay
Sometimes that’s just what we need to get us through the day

[Chorus]

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.