Tuesday, April 06, 2004

APRIL 6, 2004 (TUESDAY)

Got my grades already. *brainfart* Oh well. So I didn't do as well as I'm expected to. At least I had a life this second semester. And I'm not regretting anything.

*bitter bitter bitter*

Ah well. Get over it, Gabby.

Missing My Boy

I'm going to miss him. I'm not going to pretend that I won't, because I will.

And while reason dictates to me that it's only going to be a week, and that I won't die and anyway we're both going to see this as something along the lines of "absence makes the heart grow fonder" there is still that feeling of loss. It's not a loud, wailing sort of loss, but a quiet one: a gradual wrenching away of something not quite tangible. This is perhaps the price to pay for falling in love. As William Faulker once put it, "Which would you rather have - grief or nothing?"

We went out tonight because he had to buy some last-minute stuff for the trip to Mindoro. Had dinner at one of his favorite places, and watched a movie. He gave me a very pretty Lord of the Rings notebook and a bouquet of flowers to last me for the rest of the week. Gave him a book for the trip to keep him occupied. Upon pointing out that one of the flowers that made up the bouquet looked a bit fake-ish to me, he said that he hoped that they were real 'cos if they were fake he would run out of excuses to buy me flowers. ^_^

It's these little things that would always remind me why I fell in love with him in the first place. And it's weird that ever after seven months, I find new ways and well-trodden paths to fall in love with him over and over again. It's a routine that's not, I suppose: we know where we stand and yet we constantly find something new and amazing and interesting about each other. I mean, we're both aware of each others' habits and little nuances, to the point that we can predict what the other one can do. But there are still some things that constantly surprise us. We're not yet tired of each other. And I think that that's the best thing about being in a relationship.

Top Five Things I (Still Haven't But) Want To Do With My Boy
1. Go on an out-of-town trip with him (either just the two of us or with friends)
2. Cook him a proper meal
3. Wake up beside him properly
4. Bring him to Sunday dinner at my grandmother's house
5. Explore a place we've both never explored before (and we're talking geography here, folks!)

I miss him already. I'm counting the hours until he'll be back. But in the meantime...I still have a desk to clear up. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.