Sunday, May 30, 2004

MAY 30, 2004 (SUNDAY)

Returning to My World

Happy birthday, Meia-chan! ^_^

Talk about being busy: I haven’t had time to properly catch my breath. But at least all this busyness ensures one thing: I’m not all that preoccupied about That Particular Event anymore. It fades into the background, into the white sound in my mind, drained of all potency. Sometimes, the imagination wanders, but always anchored into the present, into the now-ness of things. There is always much healing in friends (and a good afternoon’s worth of shopping…).

Oh, before I forget – a poem of mine finally made it to the pages of the Sunday Inquirer Magazine. This time, it’s Afterglow. ^_^ Thank goodness for Mitzie, who always reads the newspaper before me in the morning.

At any rate, yesterday was spent catching up on things. First stop was CCHQ along Katipunan Avenue, to meet up with long-lost cousin Monica, and the ever-ethereal Atsi Tin. Monica bought me a copy of Garth Nix’s Sabriel from the States, much to my delight – Peloy introduced that particular world to me a couple of months ago, and I’ve been searching ever since for the books to complete the trilogy – and Atsi Tin had peanut kisses, which became my breakfast.

After a bit of catching up, it was off to Megamall to meet up with Mitzie and Ia, Dumaguete co-fellows and favorite roomies. Ia’s shaved her head again, and Mitzie had a difficult time looking for us in Powerbooks, hehe. We exchanged photographs and CDs (c/o the beautiful Ginny) and yes, James Neish, if you’re reading this, can you send me a copy of the songs on the Fiona Apple CD? I forgot to take them down. ^_^

We shot a few pictures – Mitzie, you still owe me, for both the pics and the magazine copy – and I got take-out, and it was back to UP by 1 PM for a GRAIL meeting. As usual, we aren’t a very punctual org, and the meeting was just getting underway when it was time for Meia, Zena, and I to leave because we had to meet Aster and Pao at Yellow Cab because we were having the usual sleepover at Tanya’s condo. Yesterday also marked the CCF (Cheesecake Fest) and our celebration of Meia’s 20th birthday. Yep, gorged ourselves senseless at Goodies n’ Sweets at The Podium, watched Shrek 2, and then retired to the condo, where in between episodes of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, which Dell had lent me, Abbi-chan and I cooked pasta as a midnight meal. ^_^ Wasn’t able to stay up for the late-night conversation, thought; crashed midway through Episode 4, and was told later on that Meia and I were hogging the bed. Couldn’t remember much, except that the pillows were nice and that it was farking cold!

(Yeah, Gabs, because the room was AIR-CONDITIONED.)

Met up with Tatay for lunch – wasn’t able to go to Meia’s place for her birthday lunch today – and bought a number of school things, as well as (finally) better accountrements for my tarot deck. I intend to study this particular craft rather seriously; if my forays into the whole thing is any indication, it looks as though it might be worthwhile. ^_^ We’ll see how this turns out.

Looks like registration is sometime this week. Not sure yet if it’s on the 31st or June 2. Whatever the case, you’ll perhaps see me in the cinemas – it’s the week of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and yes, the camera’s finally moving!

Early Morning Musings

Maia was right. I never wanted a love story. All I wanted was love. I'm still not sure if I got it, or whether I was fooling myself in the first place.

Maybe in the end, you did what you had to do because you had to put your life back together, and nobody in the world can do that except you. You weren't meant to give yourself away when there wasn't even enough to keep you together.

But I still miss you. I think a part of me will always miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.