Tuesday, August 03, 2004

AUGUST 3, 2004 (TUESDAY)

Elephant Sitting on Top of My Head

Blogger is throwing a hissy fit and my body just wants to collapse. The weekend wasn’t enough to recuperate, oh no. Not by a long shoot.

This week, what I have to do are:

1. start writing the first draft of my critical essay for my thesis,
2. write dialogics 5 and 6 for English 191 (August 5) (Actually, I'm skipping Dialogic 6 because I wasn't able to read the assigned reading.)
3. write French 12 oral exam script (August 6)
4. edit poem 4 for CW 121 (August 5)
5. edit story 1 for CW 111 (August 12)
6. deadline for SPEED articles (August 4)
7. transcript of Jocano interview
8. deadline for Jocano article for Peach (August 6)
9. pass revised thesis materials – outline et al.

And apparently, I have to attend a writing seminar for children’s book writers sponsored by the Bristish Council on the 19th , and a copy editing workshop that’s required for the writers of this magazine that I’m working for right now on the 21st. And then of course there’s ACLE on the 26th and the org fair the same week and now I’m just asking myself why I’m doing too many things at the same time, and why everything is piling up one on top of the other and how I just want to run far far away from the maddening crowds.

I want to cry.

I want to curl up in a corner and just not think.

My head hurts so much right now it feels like it’s ready to burst.

I want to get sick, so that I will have an excuse to rest without the responsibility of knowing that so many things are dependent on me right now.

Please, universe, just let someone catch me when I fall, when I break down. I need a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.