Friday, September 17, 2004

SEPTEMBER 17, 2004 (FRIDAY)

Underestimating the Giants

It was only when I woke up this morning that I realized how much I've been pushing myself for the past few weeks. Considering Meia's suggestion the night before, I went to bed at 9 PM, preparing myself for a little nap before tackling all the things I needed to do. And guess what time I woke up?

8.30 AM.

When I opened my eyes, I was already wondering why the hell the sky was so dark and overcast and cloudy, and for a moment I thought I was dreaming. (Well, I was...but I can't remember the dream now, except that it involved a long stretch of taffy.) And then I remembered the list of things I had to do for school, for the yearbook, for work - and then I bolted upright in bed, only to allow gravity to pull me back down into my pillows and blankets.

I'm actually waiting for my system to crash.

Smoke

Lately I've taken to watching people smoke. Being surrounded by smokers more often than not and finally resigning myself to the fact that I inhale the 60% that they exhale whenever they puff, it's somehow hypnotic to watch lips encircle a thin tube of paper and tobacco, with a small glowing ember of red at the end, and then pull everything in by the sheer power of the lungs. It's fascinating, I tell you, especially when you watch the thick curlicues of smoke float lazily away, like momentary djinns or ghost fingers waving in the breeze.

Earthquake

I slept right through it. If it was any worse, I probably wouldn't be writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.