Thursday, September 02, 2004

SEPTEMBER 2, 2004 (THURSDAY)

Schezerade Hope

If you have time, please visit Sir Bong Belardo's blog which details their fight for their daughter Hope's life. She was born at 6 1/2 months, and died three months after she was born because of massive internal organ failure. If you're from Miriam College High School and had Sir Bong as your Physics teacher, you might want to see this, and pray for the baby's soul.

Many Meetings and the Occasional Cup of Coffee

Today is perhaps the first day that I realized that I moved around so many circles of people that it's a wonder I can keep them all straight. Right now, the roosters are already starting their vocal warm-ups and the sky is slowly starting to bleed from night to gray, like water spread across a canvas of black paint. I haven't been up this late for ages, and though I have class in a few hours, I do not think I will be able to sleep. I still have a poem to write. In a nutshell, I've gone from class to Katipunan and then back to UP and then to the Film Center, and then back to Katipunan again, and finally to Sikatuna Village. I've also realized how many people I've missed, and how much I haven't seen them, and now I just want to tell the world that yes, I'm coming back. A bit bruised and broken, but still whole.

Congratulations are in order for the Palanca awardees: Joel Toledo, Naya Valdellon, Rosmon Tuazon, Dean Alfar, Anna Sanchez, and Cel Flores. And it was great seeing all my writer friends after all; thank goodness I stayed. It was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.