Monday, September 20, 2004

SEPTEMBER 20, 2004 (MONDAY)

Happy birthday, Mitzie! *huggle*

Haven't slept since last post. Am supposed to be working on English 191 dialogics right now. Brain not functioning to full capacity. Must crash soon.

Spent the morning with Arvin, and then Maia and Al at Al and Ruzela's place at Escaler. Too many stories, too little time. (Must tell you of the NBS hobbitmistress and the floppy hat and reading on the floor...)

I've always loved this song, ever since high school freshman year. I want to slow-dance to this song wearing a long lace dress and boots. When will a guy ever fall in love with me? *sigh* Must go back to work.

I Want You
Third Eye Blind

The suckers loose themselves
In the games they learn to play
Children love to sing but
Then their voices slowly fade away
People always take a step away
From what is true
That’s why I like you around
I want you

Oh you do you do...
You make me want you

An open invitation to the dance
Happenstance set the vibe that we are in
No apology because my urge is genuine
And the mystery of your rhythm is so feminine
Here I am and I want to take a hit
Of your scent cause it bit so deep into my soul
I want you

Yeah, you do you do...
You make me want you
Oh you do you do...

Send me all your vampires
I want you

And I can’t get enough, oh I can’t get enough
And I can’t get enough

The village church yard is filled with
Bones weeping in the grave
The silver lining of clouds
Shines on people Jesus couldn’t save
You want to know how deeply my soul goes
Deeper than bones
Deeper than bones

After we did it by the window sill
Smoke rings drift into the midnight sky
Presently in the quilt that your mother made
A candle burns to fight off the gloom
I said to live in this way is not for the meek
And like a jazz DJ you talk me into sleep

I said there’ll be no regrets when the worms come
And they will surely come

You do you do...
Make me want you

Send me all your vampires
There will be no regrets when the worms come
Send me all your vampires

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.