Thursday, October 14, 2004

OCTOBER 14, 2004 (THURSDAY)

Office Perks

- free DSL Internet!
- Yahoo! LaunchCast
- free lunch/merienda/breakfast (well, pag naa-abutan)
- strange officemates who tell stranger stories
- free car rides

Okay, so I'm not getting paid yet. Heck, I haven't even signed my contract yet. But the work is promising and interesting and I think I like my officemates' company. And the boss is also pretty okay - he wears a handlebar mustache, the one that evil villains twirl whenever they lay their grand plans to their henchmen. ^_^ I'm usually quiet here, though - I think I'm the youngest, since I'm the only one who's an undergraduate.

But it's pretty interesting. This is the first time I'm working in an office setting, for a job that I'm trained for - writing instructional material for grade school students - and actually being recognized as someone who writes. Plus, the money I get from this gig will be The Independence Fund Version 2.0. So that at least I have back-up money when I get out of school and my parents cut off my allowance. *sob*

Speaking of spending habits, I really should start budgeting. Technically, my allowance is enough to cover my monthly expenses. But then there's all those coffee and movies and...okay, okay, so I have a hedonistic, decadent lifestyle which means I should either marry rich or hit the Lotto and hope that I win the jackpot. (And besides, there's all the books and dresses and shoes to buy! Oh lordy lordy lord.)

I hate not having enough money to buy everything I want. Isn't that sad?

It's also nice that there are future plans outside of school. Before, college graduation was the be-all, end-all of life. Now we're making plans - realistic as well as out-of-this-world - all of which involves making loads of money and exploring the world. Wahey! ^_^ It's nice to have people to plan these things with - they might not come true (like Rei's island - hehe) but still, it's fun exploring the possibilities.

PS: Several cute guys in the office. Sadly, they're all older than me, and they have girlfriends. But they're straight. It's so nice to be exposed to pure testosterone for a while. Reminds me that the world is still somehow right-side-up. (I must learn how to play billiards soon...)

PPS: There's this really cool artist, Kasey Chambers, and I think I'm falling in love with her music. *huggles Yahoo! LaunchCast* And also Diane Anaid, and Jack Johnson, and...aaaaah! So much music, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.