Saturday, October 16, 2004

OCTOBER 16, 2004 (SATURDAY)

Cherish

I suppose there was no other way to celebrate the last day of my first semester. There was a semblance of mourning, this ritual of passage that consisted of slipping the pink folder into the slot at the English department this morning. And then I spent the day with friends: watching homemade movies, eating pizza, and jamming on the guitar. (Thank you for today.) The evening was spent with CZ, attending an album launch and watching Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (yes, watch it - it's for the geek inside you). His hand is starting to become an extra appendage of mine. I'm sure he also feels the same. It's nice to be in gray areas, I've noticed. There's a certain sense of comfort.

Tomorrow I start with a clean slate.

So this is what growing up feels like.

Plug

Buy my friend (and editor) Isha's debut album, Time and Again.... It's available at Tower Records and Odyssey under Candid Records, which puts out jazz albums. 14 tracks, 8 of which are originals. She's a brilliant singer/songwriter/pianist. Support Pinoy music!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.