Saturday, October 23, 2004

OCTOBER 23, 2004 (SATURDAY)

The Grand, World-Dominating Plans of a Twentysomething

I’ve been catching up on life lately.

First week into the sem break – the last deadline I had to rush after was October 15, and that was for thesis – and it’s been a balancing act of meeting up with friends and bumming around and trying to get some work done. My desk still resembles the paper version of an Iraq war zone, complete with casualties. Must start cleaning up soon (or at least that’s what I’ve been telling myself for the past few mornings while forcing myself to get up). My bed is now my new best friend. I still have a couple of articles to finish before going up to Baguio. I’m hoping that I’ll get a couple of paychecks Monday morning so that I’ll have some cash to go shopping with (translation: ukay-ukay!).

This is my calm before the storm: I still have to deal with the sponsorships for the yearbook, since we have to come up with at least Php 90,000 by the last week of November to meet up with our quota with the publisher. And then there’s GRAIL – loads of plans, including the comics contest and the folio, and I’m hoping that we could at least lay the foundations as soon as possible, so that by the summer of next year, we’re going to be polishing the content and layout, and preparing for the launch in June 2005. And of course, I’m already looking for steady work (freelancing pays peanuts, and I can barely afford to have extra cash for a proper manicure/pedicure/foot spa – how I miss Tips ‘n Toes) so that I can start saving up for a place of my own. And of course, there’s that slight trepidation of the grades for this first semester, and keeping it up during the second semester so that I can at least graduate cum laude – if my French didn’t pull me down. *crosses fingers* Ah yes, the grand plans of a twentysomething.

There are still so many things I want to do, and it seems that the possibilities are endless: I want to learn how to play the drums, or at least go back to playing the piano. I want to go back to theatre again, and act and write for the stage. I want to be a volunteer for a cause. I want to become a vegetarian (close your mouth, dear, that’s not polite – I do want to lose weight). I want to have an exercise routine that involves going to the nearest gym because I don’t want to walk around UP anymore; I don’t want to be that dark. (Yes, I can be vain when I want to.) I want to wear pretty sandals and a flirty skirt and paint my nails pink. I want to have my own column in a publication. I want to learn how to read the Tarot properly. I want to read more, write more, drink coffee and be with my friends more.

Oooooh. Look out, world. Wait until I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.