Monday, September 19, 2005

On a High

It is such a great feeling to love and be loved in return.

A couple of my friends once told me before that I needed a man, and that I was merely going out with boys before. It is only now that I am slowly realizing that they are right. And I am happy and thankful that I am loved by one.

There are very few words to describe us right now, save for a collective idea, a concept of togetherness. He knows as well as I do that this is transient, but that he is also determined to make it work, and for this, I am thankful. It is very difficult to find a man who is willing to take it slow, to allow you to peel away the layers that make up a person, to revel in the discovery of you. I am slowly learning what it means to be patient, to be steadfast and quiet, to be able to rely on someone, to be able to trust. Jilly once told me to treat this as my first relationship, and so everything is quietly stripped away, tucked neatly into a little gilt-lined box called Memories, and hidden for safekeeping. Now here I am walking down a familiar road that is completely new, and it promises to be a beautiful journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.