Sunday, October 09, 2005

Driving An Invisible Car

Today I am supposed to organize my portfolio as well as begin to read up on the materials for UNICEF, where I am developing a number of instructional material. It's an interesting opportunity to widen my horizons, as well as to catch up on the kind of learning that one isn't able to obtain during college. And organization is also a nice way to create a semblance of control, given the ordinary chaos of our lives.

I'm realizing more and more that I want a job where I am constantly learning. My mind atrophies and I never perform up to par when I am in an environment where everything is done by rote. This is probably why I love writing for magazines and doing freelance work - there is a constant need to change and to adapt, to continue to learn while building a career, and there is something both challenging and satisfying, knowing that you are in control of things.

But next week should be interesting. Let's just wait and see how far my control of things can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.