Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Interview! Interview!

It's very odd how this entire job-hunting business goes about, although I am thankful for the openings I'm receiving, and the possibilities that, crossing my fingers, will be a reality in the coming weeks. But I'm also amazed at the sheer energy it takes to hop from one office to another, toting my portfolio and copies of my resume and having to repeat myself OVER and OVER and OVER again. Especially with the work I've done before, in my previous office. I'm still waiting for someone to ask me, "So how was working with Fete de la Musique?" or "So you've done some acting before?" or "Ah. So you have a book out already? How was that experience?" Still, it's fun.

Ah well. It's interesting how you can compress your life in thirty minutes or less. The only time you're probably legally allowed to talk about yourself is during a job interview, and then you still have to put your best foot forward. I'd love the opportunity to be able to say, "Well, I'm not really a great worker, I'm very disorganized and scatterbrained, and I used to gut cats when I was seven years old and set fire to garbage bins."

Although that would perhaps be more along the lines of psycho girl more than anything else. And I don't want to be psycho girl. Not yet.

Or maybe it's a bit too late for that.

Anyway, up for the rest of the week is a lot of writing - still have to finish the UNICEF draft in time for Friday, and a short script for Buddha for Komikon 2005 that we'll hopefully be able to make into an ashcan by the 22nd. *crosses fingers* There's also an impromptu meeting with GRAIL with regards to a semestral planning, and I promise this time I'll just facilitate and let them do the talking. Oh, and TOEFL. I take my TOEFL next Tuesday at Makati and obviously I still haven't studied for it yet. I am such a responsible writer.

So this is how it feels to be unemployed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.