Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Only Thing to Do is Jump Over the Moon

So, the TOEFL? Easier than I expected. It was a comprehension test more than anything else, so what they were looking for was how one understood English as a language, as opposed to English as literature and literary theory. I was kind of sleepy halfway through the exam, and I have a feeling I didn't perform up to par, but it was all right I suppose. I hope that I'll get a good enough score to pass the NUS standards - less than a month away before I can really start getting into it. ^_^

And also, new job over at Ortigas - and yeah, I am excited about this. It feels like a weight has been lifted, that I'll finally get to do what I want, and learn things that college has never really taught me. Of course, this also means that I'll be thrown into unfamiliar waters, and hope that I swim instead of sink. A part of me is also hesitant, because of the newness of it all, but I'm just going into this as a leap of faith, "jumping over the moon," as Maureen put it succintly.

I start tomorrow, at the nice and early time of 7 AM - see what I mean about being thrown to the sharks? Still, I'm confident that the Bosses are going to teach me the ropes before actually pushing me out into the open world (something I am still frightened about) and that I am, more often than not, an apprentice to masters of this particular craft. Still, this has to be better than staring at the computer screen the entire time and not doing anything. I mean, I already have a list of Things to Do before I even begin - that has to mean something, right?

It's nice to know that there's something better than before, at least professionally. It somehow restores my faith that the universe gives as good as it takes. There is always a balance to things, and at the end of the day, the good will always outweigh the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.