Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Recuperating Just Fine

I am supposed to be finishing two articles for today, a little respite from watching television (omg! I'm watching TV!) and just generally occupying space and mass in the house. I'm actually approaching the point where I want to get out already, go back to work, and all that insanity. Convalescing sucks.

I just popped over the NUS website yesterday and I'm slightly overwhelmed at the idea of applying for such a prestigious university. A part of me wanted to just run away and escape and not even go through with the application, but a part of me already knows that I've invested enough to actually go through with this. A case of cold feet, I suppose. The Faculty of Arts and Sciences open their doors to applicants for the following schoolyear on November 1, which is less than a week away.

Which reminds me, I still have to get my transcript from UP. They take such an awful long time to process papers. Bureacracy is the bane of our existence.

I'm also about to finish Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer, which is actually an amazing read. The movie of the same title, starring Elijah Wood as the protagonist, seems almost as interesting. Carl tells me that JSF published this, his first novel, at the tender age of 25, which means that I still have a few more years to catch up, haha. But really, it's an amazing read - tender and funny and almost-heartbreaking, and the language and structure of the novel is just mind-blowing. I almost wish I wasn't so traditional as a writer that I can do these feats of literary deviation without inherently questioning myself as a writer.

Well, that's what NaNoWriMo is for, I suppose. Which reminds me, I still don't have a coherent plot.

So many things to write, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.