Sunday, November 06, 2005

Change of Weather

The weather is moody nowadays - one moment, it seems like summer, then as if everything's on fast forward, the clouds gather and sheets of rain start pouring down. It's enough to drive my lungs mad. >_<

Speaking of weather and madness, if you're not doing anything on December, I'm inviting you guys to drop by the CCP on December 6, 2005, because (finally, finally) the UBOD New Authors Series is coming out. Yes, it's been a two-year wait, and I am telling you now that the poems in my collection were written by a 19-year-old me, which had horrible taste and really, a rose-colored-glasses way of looking at things. Some of those poems were re-written for my thesis, but really, it's slightly odd to see them in print, knowing full well that I don't write like that anymore.

Still, it's nice to have a little chapbook all to yourself. And I made good my promise, Gandalf: I dedicated my first book to you, because I owe you so much more than poetry. ^_^

And then, on December 7, 2005, if you can drop by The Art Center in Megamall, at 6 in the evening my grandmother, Araceli Limcaco Dans is holding an exhibit to celebrate the launch of her coffeetable book, aptly titled Araceli Limcaco Dans. Free food! Old people! Pretty pictures!

And finally, these nifty titles will be launched simultaneously at Fully Booked, Greenhills on December 10: Siglo:Passion edited by Dean Alfar and Vin Simbulan, Project: Hero edited by Andrew Drilon and Elbert Or, and Philippine Speculative Fiction edited by Dean Alfar. So bring ready cash (because you just have to buy these books!) and meet Famous People! Who will sign your books! ^_^

Hehe. When it rains, it definitely pours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.