Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Concern of Parents

So it seems we have a termite problem at home. Little sister just reported that the little buggers ate away at the frame of one of our paintings at home, leaving only the glass. So of course, being the concerned older sister, I immediately report to my mother - I assumed that, in her infinite wisdom, she would know what to do.

Me (through SMS): A recent report has come to my attention that there are termites in the house. Specifically, under the stairs. You might want to text Bea for further clarification.


To which my mother replied with:

Am too busy to deal with that right now.


And so, polite daughter that I am, I say:

Okay. Just wanted to let you know.


And I thought that was the end of it...but then she had to reply again, saying:

Maybe you should tell your father about this.


And so I tell my little sister (what a chain of communication - my Comm3 teacher would have been proud) to go and text Tatay, who is in Panay right now. He replies promptly as well, saying:

I cannot do anything about that right now.


*sigh*

Oh well. Don't be surprised if, during the next couple of days, that we don't have a house anymore. Termites are slowly taking over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.