Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Prior to December

It feels like a holiday around here. God willing, our last big pitch was yesterday (which went rather well) and now we can pretty much hang back, relax, and start turning our minds forward to the up-and-coming holidays. It feels nice. I get to wrap up a number of projects, both for my day job and freelance work, just in time for the weekend. This Friday, with the blessings of both my bosses and my father, I'm off to Laguna with N, to meet *gasp* the family.

(My nose is itchy.)

I still have to start compiling my Christmas list and set aside a bit of cash for friends and loved ones, and hope to every Almighty Loving God that I can actually afford Christmas gifts, my MP3 player, and the NUS fees. That's a lotta money to go around - no more late night dinners and coffee. Well, except for the Starbucks planner. Now there's a goal I'll willingly accomplish. Hehe. (Maluho kang babae, Gabriela.)

Oh, and by the by, if you're in town next week, swing by the Megamall Art Center on Wednesday, December 7, at 7 PM for the grand opening of my grandmother's art exhibit and the launch of her coffee table book. There are hors d'oeuvres, and I am hoping that my cousins will not be singing their Beatles medley again, and lots of artsy-type people to rub elbows with. *rub rub* And if you're still feeling bored after that, head on over to UP for the annual Writers' Night, which is always a great place for free alcohol and more elbow-rubbing until the early morn. ^_^

And then Saturday, December 10, head on over to Fully Booked at the Greenhills Promenade at 6PM for the grand launch of three anthologies: the grafiction follow-up to Siglo: Freedom in the form of Siglo: Passion, another grafiction anthology, Project: Hero, and the Philippine Speculative Fiction Vol.1. By this time, your elbow will probably be sore, but at least you get your books signed. Whee! ^_^

And of course...Christmastime is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.