Wednesday, December 14, 2005

2005 in Blog Entries

Meme: Take the first sentence (or two) from the first post of each month of 2005. That's your year in review.

For Sometimes Sunlight, here's my 2005 in terms of blog entries. Isn't this interesting?

January

(27 days to go before my 21st birthday)

February

Things to Do

1. Be Mom's slave for the week

March

Happy Birthday To...

Camille - cousin and almost-sister.

April

Dear Anonymous,

I don't know who you are or what you have against me, but I have had enough of your rudeness and lack of breeding.

May

Sugarfree's first album is playing on my mom's CD player right now. I remember how I used to listen to them over and over again last year, my heart in my throat while belting out the lyrics to songs such as "Hintay" or "Burnout" or (my favorite) "Mariposa."

June

Poem: The Waiting Game

Step One:
Make sure that you're always
on the blind end of the line,
the one where the proverbial prophet
holds your hand and guides you
to the next step. Blindfolds
go over your eyes, or around
your thinner wrist.

July

Vignette: A Slight Sadness

It always happens at night, just before the lamplight at the end of the street is lit. She feels the cold first, like water coursing just beneath her skin, trickling in rivulets of clarity.

August

Now I know why I don't wear sandals to the office. My toes are turning into a strange shade of pink that has nothing to do with my nail polish and everything to do with the dip in the temperature.

September

So. September 1 is supposed to be a momentous day for me, since today is the day that I'm supposed to apply for my passport. Step 1 in the entire NUS journey, so to speak.

October

So is it possible for men and women to be just friends?

I'm midway through Mike Gayle's newest novel, Brand New Friend, which poses the question, "Can men and women just be friends?" and presenting both sides of the argument regarding the age-old situation.

November

So it's been a pretty shitty week last time around - another emotional foul-up (which has been smoothed out, thankfully), getting hospitalized, the constant gray skies, my phone being stolen, not being on my best behavior during the weekend's social events.

December

This was written exactly a year ago. So much has changed since then. And another year is almost over; 30 more days and we'll be looking at another 365 days (or 525,600 minutes) of 2006. Last year, at around this time, CCHQ was closing down already and we were all gearing up for our last Christmas as college girls, nervous about the future and cursing our respective theses. I was still hung up on him, and took great pains to defend that decision, and made a number of emotional sacrifices that ultimately led me to this point in time. And I am happy where I am. Isn't that strange?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.