Sunday, December 04, 2005

Little Beginnings

Before anything else, check out Fully Booked Graphic Fiction Contest - it sounds like a sweet deal.

*ticks off creative deadlines*

January will kill me.

At any rate, the weekend was tiring, but it was a good experience. Commuting from here to Laguna and back is no mean feat, and it gave me a new perspective into the lengths N has to go through just to meet up with me every Saturday. It also made me appreciate all the effort that he makes just so that we could see each other. He also has to put up with the fact that I can be moody, particularly if he starts making all these remarks that I know are meant to be taken lightly but somehow ends up irritating me all the more. Sometimes I can handle it and just throw it right back at him, but sometimes I just get really pissy and I know it's not right, and I'm still learning how to deal with it.

The most palpable trait of Liliw is the peacefulness. The town is very insular and down-to-earth, which is something that I'm not quite accustomed to, but is a very welcome change from the hustle and bustle of the metro. But otherwise, Liliw is a lovely place. We slept overnight at his aunt's house in Los Banos before heading up to the town. It's right at the base of Mt. Banahaw, which accounts for the cool air and the picturesque little town. He took me on a walking tour around the main town square and saw all the stalls that sold footwear and native delicacies, and I just wish I had a camera so I could show you how beautiful the place was. We had lunch with his family at their house, and his mom took me around their bakery and introduced me to all their workers. It was great to see the way he lived for most of the week, and also made me wonder if I'd be able to handle this kind of lifestyle - quiet and serene, very practical and down-to-earth - which is such a complete opposite from the urbanite mode that I'm accustomed to.

I didn't get to go shopping though - something to keep in mind the next time I'm there. I really want to learn how to go there alone so that he won't have to come down here all the time, and so that we'd be on equal footing when it comes to the travel. And besides, he has to deal with the moody girlfriend for the weekend - probably the longest time we've had together at that point - there came a point when I wasn't such a pretty sight. A lot of learning how to deal with each other during low points is in order, I suppose, particularly since we see each other only once a week. But then, I suppose every relationship has to come to that point at one time or the other, and better now than later.

But yes, I like this feeling of settling, of being comfortable in my own skin when it comes to him, of learning the details about him, about us, about this thing that we're entering into. I'm looking forward to the surety of being with him, and of having a future with him. He is someone I do not think I can doubt, and that is the strongest form of trust that I can muster at this point. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.