Thursday, December 01, 2005

Wrapping Up

So this is what it means to be unconditional.

And if this is my downfall, then so be it. I've gone far beyond conscious choice already.


This was written exactly a year ago. So much has changed since then. And another year is almost over; 30 more days and we'll be looking at another 365 days (or 525,600 minutes) of 2006. Last year, at around this time, CCHQ was closing down already and we were all gearing up for our last Christmas as college girls, nervous about the future and cursing our respective theses. I was still hung up on him, and took great pains to defend that decision, and made a number of emotional sacrifices that ultimately led me to this point in time. And I am happy where I am. Isn't that strange?

30 days to spend money and time for and with loved ones - family and friends, people I would probably enjoy spending the next year with. Maybe December isn't as chilly as it sounds like. I'm reminded of a prophecy a former officemate once said, one balmy evening in June, when we were in Cavite holding a company workshop with my old office. She said that everything I ever wanted would come true by the end of the year, and that I would be happy. It's funny to look back and realize that maybe everything does have a purpose, that maybe there is a supreme plan, and that I am excited once more to rush headlong into another year with people I love.

So it's all good, my so-far happy ending and all that. But then, we don't really know what happens after the prince finds the princess, right? So who knows? Maybe this is just another experience to live through. But one thing's for sure - I'm glad that everything happened when they did. ^_^

"In daylights, in sunsets/In midnights and cups of coffee/In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife/In 525,600 minutes/How do you measure a year in a life?" asks the song Seasons of Love, and maybe here is how I do it: in words, in blog entries that somehow commemorate what has been important for me the past year, and what continues to be important to me. And yes, love, it is always about love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.