Thursday, April 20, 2006

Looking Ahead

I like the fact that everything is slowly settling into a manageable pace: work, despite the hectic schedule and the projects on my plate, I'm still managing to have fun; writing deadlines abound - freelance and creatives, and while I'm always cutting it close when it comes to these things, I would like to think that I'm slowly becoming more disciplined; a rather big project coming up that might find itself in the works come June. ^_^

Downside: there is that air of inevitability in the air. I suppose to everyone who has read my blog (and those who are privy to my LJ) are aware of the circumstances right now, and all I can say is, well, I'm just hoping that I'll be able to make the right decision come Saturday. Like a very wise person told me earlier, I only have so many options, and that it starting to seem like I'm in this position for all the wrong reasons. But still, I am willing to reach a compromise, but if the terms are too much, or if it will take too much of myself without a promise of change on his part as well, then perhaps the inevitability might as well take its course.

Still, I'm hoping that there's a light at the end of the tunnel for all of this.

At any rate, I still have a number of things to prepare for, including this one. The Big Project is one of them, and a rather hectic freelance project that I also have to get ahold of. I also want to submit something for the Palancas, and the other contests I've listed a couple of entries down. Two articles are up for the first week of May - rather interesting ones too - and of course, work is always keeping me on my toes.

Speaking of which, resolutions for work:

1. Write better
2. Understand better (try not to space out as often)
3. Be more organized

*sigh* The price of growing up, I suppose. But then, I think I'm also rather content, despite everything that's going on. I'm just hoping to get over Saturday's emotional hurdle, whatever it is, and manage to get out with bruises instead of war wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.