Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Losing Patience (Again)

I had to go home early from work because I was high on paracetamol and my nose was dripping like the Niagara Falls, and my period is coming on full blast after six months of absence, and I knew I looked like hell. And there's still no word from NUS and it's already the end of May. *tears hair out* I don't know how I can concentrate without any word - the impatient girl in me already sent out an email to inquire about the status of my application because you don't put in "results of your application will be released late May" and not follow through!

Unless they meant May of the following year, in which case I am so screwed.

I mean, at this point, it would be lovely if I get in, but at the same time, I wouldn't be so surprised if I don't get in - I just want to know the results so I can go ahead with my life and not be in this funny in-between place that is just driving me insane. Of course I won't deny that I WANT to get in, but if I don't, then it means that the universe has a bigger plan for me that involves me staying. But how can you choose which road to travel if you're stuck in one spot because you can't read the directions?

I really, really don't like this. I mean, I went into this with three options in mind: (a) I get in, (b) I don't get in, and (c) I'm waitlisted for the next semester. Nowhere in my plans was there the part that went "(d) will not hear from them in the month that they promised to" which immediately throws me off guard and leaves me going, "Eh?" complete with the confuzzled head-turning motion. Argh. I don't like this. Not at all.

-----

Baguio was lovely, even at the end of the summer. And traveling at midnight (or in the wee hours of the morning) is actually a good idea because your body forces you to go to sleep and you don't realize how long the trip actually was, AND AND AND you feel really refreshed when you get there.

Went off and did all the usual touristy things: SM Baguio, Session Road, Mines View and Burnham Park, Cafe By The Ruins (with lovely lemon grass iced tea and the most enormous strawberry shortcake in history), and Camp John Hay. The girls took a ton of pictures, camwhores that they are, and I'm just waiting for my copy so that I can post them up as well. ^_^ Stayed at the ol' Danshaus as well, which was smaller than what I remembered, and we all bundled up in and just trudged along, even when the dream-like fog descended like the proverbial blanket over the city, and we couldn't see beyond our noses. It was lovely.

I went off by myself for an afternoon, though, and explored the nooks and crannies of the Baguio Market, where I saw live eels and shrimps by the buckets, and fresh flowers everywhere, and strawberries! I wish I had a camera so that I can take pictures, but I suppose they'll just end up being stock images for a story somewhere along the way.

The lousy side of the trip is, obviously, the fact that I now have a full-blown cold aside from the aches and pains of a body not used to having to dispense whole buckets of blood regularly. O_o Sigh. The price of a vacation.

Anyway, some pictures courtesy of Aster:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Meia the tree hugger at the Manor, Camp John Hay. (Don't ask me what she's doing...)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Myself and Meia, Everything's Nice bakeshop at Camp John Hay

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The girls at Everything's Nice bakeshop at Camp John Hay. L-R: Tanya, Ruz, myself, Meia, RC, Caren, Zena, and Aster. Wheeee ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.