Friday, June 30, 2006

Stepping Out

I totally forgot that two days ago, the 28th, was this blog's 4th year anniversary. Which means that whatever life I may pretend to have is all wrapped up here, in tiny little pieces. ^_^

Next week begins the Singapore preparations in earnest. I've already managed to get my SSS ID, though it'll take two months to delivery, by then I will in Singapore already, but still. Next week's my last week at work already, which means I'll have to start organizing my stuff here in the office and starting to bring stuff home. I don't know how much of an impact I've had here at the office during the short time that I've been here, but heaven knows that Kestrel has done me more good than my last job, and has taught me more than four years of college altogether. And that, if not for anything else, has earned the people here a soft spot in my heart.

*looks up*

*dies of the sap*

Hopefully, I'll be able to do my medical lab tests on Monday, since it's a holiday here at the office (Araw ng Pasig) and get that over and done with, and then start organizing my papers. My Student's Pass application has been approved, so that's a good thing, and the official scholarship papers have arrived, which means that now it's down to the nitty-gritty stuff. On the waiting list for Gillman Heights, since Residential Services was brilliant enough to decide that there were THAT many married graduate students that they couldn't very well fit into Prince George Apartments and had to take over the single students' dorm as well. O_o

So the results of the waiting list will be coming in mid-July. 'Til then, I have a choice between Evans Lodge and Sophia's. I'm pushing for Evans myself, since Sophia's looks like a hospital instead of a dorm. And look! Airconditioning! A pool! A gym! A...jacuzzi.

They must be suggesting something to the students.

Of course, way down the list of options as well is to have a shotgun wedding in Singapore so that I'll be eligible for the student housing. Sigh.

Still, so far, that's the most major setback. I'm sure that as the days go by, there will be more to come. But at this point, I'm just glad that the scholarship pushed through, and that my Student's Pass (their version of the student visa) is also approved, and that I'll have enough pocket money to live decently until my stipend starts arriving and just generally having all the support that people around me can give - whether it's financial (always great) or just simply helping out, things are still going good. ^_^

-----

I don't know if the boys were kidding (because they always are), but as Pao was leaving this evening, he goes and tells me, "Huwag ka na lang umalis." Does this mean they'll miss me? *tear*

Hehe. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.