Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bad, Bad Girl

So I was supposed to go to the ICA today to report my change of address, but they gave absolutely no direction as to how to proceed with the entire process so I figured, what the heck. I might as well go do it at school - the Student Service Center can do it for me, though it will take longer. I don't mind, though, since I have all the proper pages photocopied. Still on my "To Do" list is that, and waiting for the original receipt of my plane ticket so I can finally apply for reimbursement from the Registrar. Already registered for my classes - I have Asian and Other Modernities, The Postcolonial Novel in English, and Postcolonial Poetry in English, all of which I'm really looking forward to. Since they're basically foundation classes, I'm hoping it will be mainly refresher courses for me, as well as a better immersion in the Southeast-Asian literary tradition. Hopefully, next semester, I can explore my options, since we can take (at most) two modules from other departments within the Faculty, and I'm interested in pursuing a couple of History courses as well. ^_^

-----

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(The Singaporean flag flying in front of the Paragon along Orchard Road)

So tomorrow is National Day, which makes it a public holiday. Unlike our government's favorite pasttime of declaring three-day weekends, much to the dismay of the Philippine business sector (and to much rejoicing of employees), things just close earlier here. Which is good, since that means I can go to school (gyah) and have all the administrative details ironed out before classes really and truly begin next week. Thankfully, I only have a couple of kinks to finish up, and then after that it's school school SCHOOL.

I really want to do good here.

Anyway, some photos, taken on the bus going home earlier:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(There are the HDB flats along Bukit Merah.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(This is the "laundry" hanging out of the HDB flats' balconies. Kidding. That's the Singaporean flag.)

-----

My room (all cleaned and polished):

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Well, okay. That's my desk.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(There. That's my room NOW. I'm standing next to the wardrobe, so you can't see them. Alfie is showing on HBO.)

Hehe. I *heart* my room.

-----

And finally...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(zac Efron and Vanessa Anne Hudgens in the Disney Channel Original Movie High School Musical)

I bought the DVD of the movie today. *facepalm* My seriously depleting resources have been seriously depleted once more.

In fairness, I also found an original copy of Il mare, though it's a VCD, but hey. I've been looking for this film for a few years now. ^_^

I spent most of my evening dancing to "We're All In This Together."

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.