Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bits and Pieces

1.

Last night, as I was trudging back to the flat from class, I was thinking, "Oh gosh, what I wouldn't give for a plate of hot, steaming palabok and some Red Ribbon empanada?" And it just made me realize that while Singapore might tout itself as a foodie's haven, there is absolutely nothing like a proper home-cooked meal to make you feel like everything's all right with the world.

2.

Creativity is a merciless task-master, and hits you just when you're not expecting it. Still, 3,000 words! In one night! It's lovely.

3.

My mom's eldest sister, who has lung cancer, is deteriorating quickly for the past 24 hours. In the past, she was responding well to chemotherapy, and we all thought she was going to get better soon. But now, it seems that she's done a complete turnaround and is now doing much, much worse than expected.

Like my cousin Betong said, your prayers and well-wishes will be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.