So yeah, these things have been floating in my mind. I haven't been really homesick while being in Singapore (maybe it's my restless nature, my constant need to move) but I must admit I have been hankering after a lot of things when the calendar finally switched to November. :) Such as...
1. Palabok. I have no idea why. But I have been dreaming of palabok for quite some time now. I could almost imagine the shrimps and the crackle of chicharon on my mouth, the savory-sticky sauce on the fat, fat noodles...even Jollibee's palabok, I will gladly scarf down. There have been many nights when I was going home, and on the bus, I was imagining the taste of freshly cooked palabok on my mouth...yes I know, it's strange. It's not even my favorite Filipino food, but still. So strange.
2. Friends. Or rather, a wider selection of friends to see and events to go to. Of course I have friends here who I <3 and cherish, but there's still something to be said about being able to randomly call up a person and make a lunch/dinner/coffee schedule in five minutes.
3. A Massage. A nice, glorious, pampering massage is something I have been desperately looking for in Singapore. I know there are a number of spas and Chinese-style flesh-pounding (the good kind) but they're just TOO. DAMN. EXPENSIVE. O_o I want my old spa, and the small rooms, and the fact that I can sleep right after without worrying about what was going on in the world. :)
4. Downloading Music/Photocopying Books. Yay! 'nuff said.
5. Writing. Without school in the way, a friend and I made a pact to write something over the holiday break and then workshop each other when we get back to school. Hopefully, this is also an incentive for me - I do miss writing things other than papers and articles. :)