Tuesday, May 22, 2007

So Far, So Good

At Robinson's Galleria right now, and some dude is monopolizing the electrical outlets beside me so I can't plug Leandro. He's got about an hour's battery life left, so in a while I may need to let him rest. Supposed to be meeting a friend here at around 4 PM but I'm not sure if Leandro's battery will last that long. Oh well, at least I have a book with me. ^_^

So far, things have been going well this summer vacation. I suppose that's one of the good things about being in school - you have a sanctioned break where they pretty much let you do anything you want. Maybe that's why I want to go into the academe - the money might be slow, but your time is yours. And the majorly major nice thing about this summer break is that I'm getting to go to places: there's a trip to Cebu that I might be taking mid-June for a project I'm working on, and a friend is inviting me to Puerto Galera over the Independence Day weekend. I'm pretty open to traveling, just as long as it's roughing it - I can't afford hotels and fancy meals in the first place, owing to the fact that I don't have a steady source of income. Still, it's quite nice to be able to be at least this independent. And hopefully, by next year, I can start saving up for a place of my own and a proper job that can support that kind of lifestyle.

At any rate, I'm also hoping to be a bit more productive this time around. Have a few ideas for poems I'd like to write (mainly influenced by the company of poets I was with last night at the Happy Mondays Poetry Night - next up is for June 4, 2007 and Los Chupacabraz is playing, so do come if you can) and a couple of short stories (encouraged by former boss Dean) for various publications that I'd like to submit for. Hopefully, I get to discipline myself enough to write in the two-and-a-half months that I'm here. ^_^ Still, things are slowly going uphill, despite the emo and the angst - things I still need to outgrow, I suppose, but hey, we all need something to balance everything else out, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.