Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Stitch in Time

"I think you can't wait for someone to fly underneath you and save your life. I think you have to save yourself."

- Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy

"...I have come to believe that such defiance is an inevitable and essential aspect of what we call freedom, I thought I might commend it to you. For in the years to come you will find yourselves up against gods of all sorts, big and little gods, corporate and incorporeal gods, all of them demanding to be worshipped and obeyed - the myriad deities of money and powe, convention and custom, that will seek to limit and control your thoughts and lives. Defy them; that's my advice to you. Thumb your noses; cock you snooks. For, as the myths tell us, it is by defying the gods that human beings have best expressed their humanity."

- Salman Rushdie, "A Commencement Address: For Bard College, NY"

Would you still say you love me
Under this ordinary moonlight?

- Kendall Payne, "Scratch"

"If you were a D&D monster, you'd be a spectre. Or a wraith. Because you pass through the unpleasant things, or they pass right through you, and you're not affected by them but you still find energy in them."

- Andrew Drilon, paraphrased from a conversation

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment box. It is for comments. Please do not leave your Giant Squid of Anger here.