Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Almost There But Not Quite

Back to blogging at school out of boredom. Meeting at 3PM with Holden and Patke, unfortunately, was cancelled at the last minute, and with no word regarding the status of my two pending modules as well as revisions for my ISM proposal, I'm stuck at school until 6PM. Not to mention the fact that I'm hormonal and cranky and mood swing-y, which would probably account for my extremely weird feeling today. (Period's coming in a couple of days.) In fairness, at least I have my work cut out for me: RA work due by the mid-sem break, reading up on spec fic research (Dean! Help!), and of course, freelance work due in the next succeeding days.

Whoever said that writers do not do anything the entire day is sadly mistaken.

Also have an idea for a short story that I can hopefully pull off by the September 15 deadline of the Phil Spec Fic 3 anthology - not much to say about it, since it's still incubating, but compared to the one I'm working on now (and which I'm stuck on because I don't know what I'm doing with it), things should be better and more polished. I wish I could write stories more often - when I read other writers' blogs, I envy the way they go at the craft with discipline and vigor, while I just plod along at my own pace, letting the eye wander until it catches something interesting. Oh well.

There are days when I wish I was just shallow and happy, that I don't have to depend on other people to put a smile on my face, or that bus rides would remind me of how movement and change are good things, instead of fleeting moments and impermanence. I wish I had a goldfish's memory - it would easier to forget than remember everything. (Ah well. This is the hormones talking. Damn.) Tomorrow is National Day, which means that I'll be stuck in the flat the entire day and I'll be bored. If you're reading this, come online. I will be in desperate need of conversation.

No comments: