Friday, August 24, 2007

End of the Line

I'm tired and sleepy and it's been a long day and I'm sure tomorrow will be longer, but at the very least, I have the stuff I have to read over the weekend with me already - and I have to keep in mind that I owe someone a manuscript of a case study and I have a bibliography to finish and oh lord, can we please have more time?

Today, though, someone said something nice to me. My supervisor read my story in the Philippine Studies journal and told me, "I remember thinking, 'Hey this is really good,' and I flip back to the beginning and I realized you wrote it." And if that wasn't enough, he added, "I can see from your writing that you'd make a good academic; in fact, you're great at it, and you can pursue a Ph.D after this if you want to. But I know your heart is in creative writing, and I saw it from your story, so you need to go back to that."

Hee. Yay! ^_^

No comments: