Monday, October 01, 2007

Week Seven

My apologies for being remiss in my blogging duties - yes, the two of you who are currently keeping up with this blog have my thanks and virtual chocolate. The mid-semester break was both exhausting but rewarding, despite the blisters on my feet. Unfortunately, it's back to the grind for me, which can be currently grouped into bullet points:

1. School - with less than six weeks to go, I have my weekly review papers for the SEAsian module (around five more to go, I believe), a final paper for both the Theatre module and the Cold War Texts module, and an interim paper - due this Friday, haha - for my ISM and my final "creative" paper to go. I also have two exams to review for, which means that my time online will be less and less.

2. Work - which is mainly editing, the occasional feature article writing, and the research assistant position that I'd like to collect my payment for before December. And I'm thinking - well, actually, considering very much, staying on in Singapore and working here for at least a year. Not sure how that will work out, but I'm getting a couple of responses already and I'd like to pursue them.

3. Personal Life - which is probably the biggest change happening so far. And I'm happy. And this directly correlates with #2. But I don't want to go into details; this is a delicious little thing that I like keeping for myself.

But at any rate, I'll try and upload photos of C.'s visit from last week - more than 300 photos over the span of six days, which means that the blisters on my feet happened for a reason. Haha.

But overall, things seem to be looking up, after such a long bad spell (of almost two years! Gasp!) and so I feel pretty settled nowadays. Which is such a relief. Hopefully, things will be smoother from this point onwards. ^_^

No comments: