Monday, November 19, 2007

Panic Mode, Part 2

I am supposed to be writing my two-days late final requirements for my ISM, which means Master Holden will not be pleased with this turn of developments. I do not have a good excuse: somehow, I don't think saying "I've been doing at least a paper a day since Monday and I've already burned out" might not quite cut it in grad school. Or maybe I'm just being too hard on myself. Anyway, I'm hoping to finish this by tonight, turn it in, and finally work on my bibliography work. I have to put in an average of 6 hours a day in order to turn in everything by Monday next week (the 26th) as well as take an exam that day as well. At this point in time, I just want everything to be over and done with so I can get on with my life.

Hopefully, things are looking up at the job front. I have an interview tomorrow for a gaming company looking for an online content manager and I was checking out their gaming site and it seems definitely a lot more fun than Oz World, though the graphics might be a little too Atari-insipred. And then I have another interview for a newspaper next week, and I'm also hoping that will go well, and that I have the option to choose before going home for the holidays.

Been having a lot of little breakdowns over the weekend - first, it was my frustration with the lack of job options (of course, until today, when suddenly there were calls) and then second, my inability to write in the face of a deadline. I've just been panicking for the past few days - I guess it's just that the beginning of the end is nigh, and I've always been a bit of a control freak when it comes to things like these, just because I know that I have no patience to deal with the bureaucracy, particularly in such a stringent country like Singapore. But I'd like to have everything in order, just so that I won't have to run around like a headless chicken when the deadlines come.

At this point in time, these are the things I need to do:

1. Finish ISM paper (tonight, tonight!)
2. Bibliography work
3. Cold War exam on November 26
4. Text and Performance exam on December 3
5. Get a job (cross your fingers and toes)
6. Deal with graduation matters and transcript copies
7. Prepare for trip back home

No comments: