Sunday, February 24, 2008

Trimming Down

1. Because it was a Sunday and we were bored at home, The Boyfriend and I decided to go out for an early dinner at Lau Pa Sat. We had around 4 different kinds of satay (chicken, beef, mutton, and duck) and seafood fried rice, and then walked off our tummies by going from Shenton Way to the Esplanade. Beat that! ^_^ And then afterwards, we watched the Kate Hudson-Matthew McConaghey (sp?) flick, Fool's Gold, which was fun in a no-brainer, action-packed kinda way. I'm starting to see a habit here with us and movies: last week, we watched Persepolis (GOOD!) and Jumper (BAD!) and the epic Bollywood film Jodhaa Akbar, which featured the drool-worthy Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai, and which contributed greatly to my current learning of Urdu. That was just in one weekend. We really need to cut down on movies. (But they're so much fun!)

2. Speaking of cutting down, we have decided to start losing weight. Seriously. We've both put on so much since we got back to Singapore - a mixture of being able to cook freely, minimizing costs and maximizing food purchases, and (at least on his end) stress eating. So we have decided to do two things at least for the week and see if it works - brisk walking for at least 30 minutes each morning and cutting down on sugar and carbs and eating healthier - more veggies and fish and chicken and less rice/prata/chapati/bread. He consumes one loaf of corn bread in one sitting, believe it or not, so now I really have to watch his diet.

3. I have an idea for a story. I haven't had the cogs in my head turning like this for quite some time, so they're slow and rusty and creaking. But I have a feeling it's going to be a novella-length thing if/when I get it all down on paper. God, I just want more time!

4. Ugh. Work tomorrow. Can you believe it's almost two months?

No comments: