Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back from the Dead

I...have not been writing.

There are a few reasons for this.

1. When you write at least 3 articles every day, and your immediate superior (hence, the "assistant" beside your title) points out all the nitty gritty details of your mistakes, you wonder (a) "Am I still an English major?" (b) "My God, why didn't I see that?!" and (c) "My head hurts." So when I get home, I try and avoid all forms of writing until my ego has recovered. Which takes a bit of time and a lot of sushi.

2. When you are going through a lot of emotional problems with your boyfriend, a lot of which wasn't even instigated by you, it does tend to sap out all energy out of you. The emotional problems usually come with a healthy does of, "WTF?", "WTF?", and "STFU!" - expressions that would never mean anything unless you come from the Intarwebs.

For the record, the emotional problems are his parents' fault. If you want to know more, you have my number and the nearest Starbucks is just a 5-minutes' walk away from my office. And you'll be paying for my coffee. Why? Because it's my sob story, isn't it?

3. The money problem - you know, the entire "My old office hasn't paid me back but my new office hasn't paid me either, so where they hell do I get the money to LIVE every day?" Thankfully, that is slowly being rectified by the Powers That Be. ^_^

4. I am just plain exhausted during the week. Listen, if you wake up at 8 AM every morning and then leave the office around 8 PM every evening, and it's at least a one-hour commute, and during the day you have to deal with a number of things way beyond your league in every aspect of your life, and you still have to pick up dinner along the way...then yeah, you'd be exhausted, too. I'm just happy I still remember to brush my teeth. On occassion.

Oh! And I have a story. (Alternate title: Things that make you go "Whut?" in the night)

So The Boyfriend and I watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull a couple of nights ago. Now, I'm not a big fan of the franchise, and I've never seen any of the other movies - although I've heard Raiders of the Lost Ark is pretty much a classic - but I am aware of the historical and (pop) cultural significance of the films.

So we watch and it's an action-packed movie (omg, death by ants! omg, Cate Blanchett in a wig and a really weird accent!) and then we walk out of the cinema and go down the escalator and The Boyfriend turns to me and asks, in the sincerest voice known to Man, "So...who's Harrison Ford? And is he famous?"

I was...at a loss for words.

No comments: