Sunday, August 03, 2008

Lust At First Sight



Just a quick entry before I get ready for SingFest. :)

I bought a new phone yesterday! It's a Sony Ericsson W910i Walkman phone. I named her Samantha.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't quite expect to buy a phone yesterday. I mean, it's been at the back of my mind for at least a few months now, but my old phone (a sturdy Nokia 7360, the girly edition) suddenly decided to have the plastic nubby thing at the back broken and it's been 2 years since I got a new one, so I figured that if the opportunity came along, then I should go ahead and purchase a new one.

And of course it helps that my mobile phone service provider here, StarHub (which srsly rockz) was giving away phones for any 2-year contract, as well as a good S$100 off the phone if you're an existing StarHub subscriber already. Which is why a phone that would have cost me a cool S$200+ was something that I got for only S$98, which is not a bad deal at all. And none of these things would have happened if I didn't accompany S to StarHub yesterday because she was switching lines as well as getting a new phone (she got the MotoRazr V9 in mahogany). 

Now, I've been a strict Nokia girl since I got my first phone (A Nokia 6110 - tough as a brick and probably just as heavy) but the latest Nokia line didn't appeal to me in an aesthetic manner, but for some weird reason, the Sony one just wavered at the edge of my consciousness while we were looking around the phone displays. And even though we popped in and out of the stores several times, I ended up gravitating towards the phone several times. It must have been techie lust at first sight. 

I must say that it does work like a charm. The 1GB memory space isn't bad either, and the features are top-notch. I'm still having a bit of trouble getting used to the Sony features as opposed to the Nokia features, but otherwise, it's been pretty good. The phone switches from one feature to the next quickly and quietly, without any hiccups along the way, and the touchpad is lovely. :) The sound quality is also very good - but then it's a Walkman phone after all - and I'm quite pleased with the layout and design of the phone. 

Okay, so that's that! I'm off to SingFest!


No comments: