Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Odds and Ends

I really can't blog most of the time, possibly because (a) my work generally involves writing. A lot. All the time. And when I come home, I would like to shuck it all beside my by, climb into my bed, and go to sleep. Unfortunately, this does not happen often. In my mind though, it does.

Oh, and (b) I sleep. A lot. During weekends.

Speaking of sleeping, so yesterday I caught a terrible cold - the kind that makes your brain leak out of your nose, makes you want hot chicken soup (or in my case, beef la mian from Crystal Jade, or as a close second, beef udon), and then curl up in bed the entire day watching Discovery Channel Travel & Living. So having decided that I would be totally unproductive at work, and possibly contagious, I took Lemsip, curled up in bed at 10 in the morning, and promptly fell asleep.

I think I woke up around 3PM, had a bit of lunch, and promptly dozed off right in the middle of Batman and Wolverine massively hating each other in the lovely The Prestige. What made me sad was that I missed Evan Almighty, which followed right after. When I woke up again, the sky outside was dark and my clock proclaimed, broking no argument, that it was already past 8PM. I had slept the day away - something I hadn't done since the first halcyon days of MA classes.

And of course, it didn't help that I went back to sleep again sometime after midnight, and then woke up at 8AM the next day, which probably made it around 17 hours of sleep. It felt really good. :D

In other news, cousin Laika and (most) of her family was here over the weekend. She made it in Friday afternoon, which meant that she managed to attend the company dinner that we regularly had. It was quite a lot of fun - meeting new people and enjoying the company of people, well, in the company. Unfortunately, we had to go right after the dinner; she was feeling quite exhausted after her flight and I had a movie date. ;)

But we did get to spend time on Sunday, where I took her shopping at Vivo City and she promptly lamented the fact that I brought her to too many cute shops and she didn't have a lot of time to go through all the wares. Add to that the fact that her feet were killing her after a hectic day at the Singapore Zoo Gardens. So we ended up at Modesto's, enjoying (really) expensive food because she treated me, yay! :D

I also got to meet the newest member of the family, Boozie, who is perhaps one of the cutest babies I have ever met, and good-natured to boot. Alexa was still, well, Alexa, but Boozie was just sooooo cute and cuggleable that I wanted to kidnap him right there and then. It doesn't hurt that he loves bouncing as well.

And in other, more domestic news, I need to purchase new sheets! My Ikea sheets, bought when I was a penniless student, have now gone through more wear and tear than rehashed Harlequin Novel plotlines, and are now approaching the point where they will be much better off as kitchen rags than bedclothes. Unfortunately, there may be too many expenditures by next month that I will have to forego the luxury of 250-thread count sheets until the next month...or the next...or the next...

Isn't it lovely to always think of having things you can't have?

No comments: